About Barnes & Noble
- Low commission fees - just a % of sales that varies by category.
- B&N accepts movies, music, and books.
- Store names must be unique and can contain up to 30 characters.
- E-mail addresses must be unique and are case sensitive.
- Sellers cannot re-use an e-mail address or store name from a previous B&N account
Becoming a Seller
- You will need to request SFTP credentials to list on B&N through Fillz. Once you’ve opened a seller account, contact Barnes & Noble Seller Relations by email or by telephone at 866-897-1763 (Toll Free) to request SFTP credentials. If you are contacting B&N from outside the United States, call 201-559-3890. Hours of Operation: 8AM - 6.30 PM (ET), Monday through Friday. It typically takes 1 to 3 days for B&N to assign SFTP credentials.
Fillz specific notes
- You can confirm orders on B&N through Fillz. You must move the orders to Shipped status in order for a confirmation to be exported to B&N.
- Tracking numbers are not sent to B&N.
- Confirmation emails will not be sent to B&N buyers when orders are moved to Shipped status in Fillz as per B&N policy. Cancellation and Deferral emails will go out if you move orders to these statuses.
- To access B&N packing slips, click on the blue B&N order number link when you are looking at the order in Fillz.
Configuring and Activating B&N in Fillz
For instructions on configuring and activating B&N in Fillz, please click here.
- Orders must be processed by the end of the second business day. B&N will automatically reject orders not accepted or rejected by 10pm Eastern Time on the second business day.
- Sellers may not negotiate item price or shipping after an order has been placed.
- Sellers must maintain a fulfillment rate above 85%. Sellers that do not meet this requirement for three consecutive months will be removed. If a seller’s account is closed due to fulfillment, the seller will be eligible to reapply after 6 months.
- Sellers must ensure each customer receives his/her item within the time frame associated with the level of shipping service selected.
- All sellers are expected to offer Standard Domestic shipping (4 to 14 business days)
- Sellers must maintain an inventory of at least 250 listings.
- All listings must be priced between $0.01 and $2500.
- Any new item you have for sale that is also listed by BN.com can’t be priced higher than the BN.com price, unless the item is a First Edition or is signed by the author.
- All listings must include a description in the Notes field.
- Contact information, terms of sale, or return policies are not permitted in the description field.
- International Editions must be listed with the International Edition ISBN and not the corresponding domestic editions' ISBN. Sellers must clearly state “International Edition” in the description.
- Print on Demand titles must clearly state “Print on Demand Edition” in the description.
- Sellers aren’t permitted to provide duplicate copies for any item.
If you would like more information on Barnes and Nobles, click here.