Please contact AbeBooks to notify them that you will be using Fillz as your inventory management program, so they can set up your account to process files from Fillz.
- To begin activation, please click Marketplaces -> Add Marketplace.
- Select AbeBooks from the drop down, then click Next.
- Enter the email address you use to access your AbeBooks seller account.
- Enter your AbeBooks FTP User ID (Seller ID).
- Enter your AbeBooks API Key into the Password field. (For more information, please see the AbeBooks Help Page)
- Optional Settings:
- Prepend venue-specific text to item note: Anything that you add to this field will appear before the information in your Notes/Description field for this market only.
- Append venue-specific text to item note: Anything that you add to this field will appear after the information in your “Notes/Description” field for this market only.
- Increase items to marketplace minimum if item is at least: You can set this value up to $.99. This would mean that anything marked in your inventory at a $.99 would increase to $1.00 when exported to AbeBooks. Anything under $.99 would not be uploaded to this market.
- Confirm orders when moved to "In Process": Normally orders are confirmed on AbeBooks when they are moved to "Shipped" status in Fillz. Because AbeBooks doesn't charge buyers until orders are confirmed, we highly recommend that you enable early order confirmation. This will confirm orders when moved to "In Process" status. Tracking numbers will also be sent to AbeBooks later on, if you add them to Fillz before moving the orders to "Shipped" status.
- Leave the File Format set to “UIEE”.
- We recommend that you leave the order retrieval interval set to 1. Your options are 1, 2, 3, or 4.
- Suspend exports: Check this box if you do NOT want Fillz to make any changes to this marketplace for you. This will prevent us from sending any exports (new listings, updates, de-lists, etc.) to the marketplace.
- Send deletes only: Check this box if you do NOT want Fillz to list any items to this marketplace but to send deletes only. Fillz will only send a delete to the marketplaces when the item is sold. If there is a quantity of more than 1 for an item, and 1 copy of that item is sold, we won’t send anything to the marketplaces. If the quantity drops to “0” we will send the delete file to remove that item from the marketplace. We will also not send additions/updates to the marketplaces if the “Send deletes only” box is marked.
- Skip sending binding/media type: If you check this box, we will not send the binding/media data for your items to AbeBooks. AbeBooks will then use the information from their own catalog to fill in this information for your listings.
- Currency Settings:
- Marketplace accepts prices in: Use this drop down to select the currency that your marketplace account is set up to accept. Some marketplaces only have one option, while others may have several. If you change this setting, click Save Changes to lock in the change.
- You will need to assign a currency to your Base Price if you haven’t already done so (ie. is your currency in USD, or a different currency?). Also, if the marketplace is set up to accept a currency that is different from your base price, you will need to choose how you would like exchange rates to be calculated. Click on the link that says currency settings to set both of these. For more information on the currency settings click here.
- Price Padding:
Depending on your settings, you might see a section that looks like this:
You can edit the Fixed Amount if you would like to mark up your items by a fixed number (such as to help cover shipping) when being sent the marketplace. You can also add an amount to multiply the total by (base price plus fixed amount times exchange rate if there is one) if you would like to increase or decrease the total by a percentage.
- Ensure the proper currency is selected in the Market Specific Price area.
- Click Next.
- Check the box to perform a purge and replace on activation if you are OK with Fillz replacing your current inventory with what is in Fillz.
- Click Activate Marketplace.
For more information on Fillz' integration with AbeBooks, click here.